Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Trade the Golden State for the Sunshine State?

My Mom was talking to me about the new job my Step Brother is in, mortgage brokerage. Apparently my Step Sis who is in banking could get me hooked up with a top flight brokerage house and I would definitely increase my income and if I'm really lucky by a lot. So, I have to consider the pros and cons. Talking outloud here, feel free to weigh in.

PROS
1. More annual income - 'nuff said
2. Cheaper housing - The pisser is that the prices over there have gone apeshit, but still you would have to move out to the farther parts of the Inland Empire to get comporable value and this is in Orlando area I'm talking
3. Family - Mom and Paul are over there and I would finally get to know Paul's side of the family.

CONS
1. Family - This is my biggest concern. Dad & Kim aren't very able-bodied anymore and they've needed my help for yardwork and such, so before I even think about it I would need to talk with them since there really isn't anyone else to give them a hand there that i can think of.
2. Friends - My best friends are in CA, and I would definitely miss them. There is the point that I barely see any of them these days, might even see them as much if I flew back now and then. Since they come only second to family it still is a difficult call since I wouldn't be able to just pick up and meet them.
3. Weather - I would be living in A/C since it is hot and sticky for a good while.

3 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

Here's a thought - FLA - closer to three Monkey Honeys!

 
At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pros: Closer to your East Coasts/Mid-South harem, Epcot Center, and Mom. Better job, more money. New start in fresh place.

Cons: Hurricanes. Hurricanes. Hurricanes. (But you decide if this is trading up or down for earthquakes.) Farther from Dad. Same old same old job.

Tough decision--you know the Southern belles and Hez would be glad to help you think out loud in chat!

 
At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, under "cons" I didn't mean to add the part about that job. Don't know where that belongs. Don't mind me. Oh, the brain in middle age. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home