Thursday, September 06, 2007

Shows I Don't Watch:The View

The View is a talk show featuring a group of women discussing current events and interviewing celebrities. In other words, it would take up time I could spend better elsewhere like cleaning up my room, reading or playing with my balls. Not saying I would play with my balls but you know I could and it would be a better idea than listen to this gabbing cluster fuck.

I suppose they are meant to represent a cross section of women in America. I suppose since we are top heavy with women in the Comedy and Journalism fields this must be true.

At any rate, they have new hosts. Whoopi Goldberg and Sherri Shepherd. Whoopi is a well known comic. Although damned if I know how she got to be known for her comedy as I don't recall seeing her say a damn thing funny. It must be a Jewish Media Conspiracy that established that. Now I know what Mel was railing against.

Whoopi's first discussion point was that people were beign unfair to Michael Vick for being a part of a dogfighting ring. Her point that this was a common part of the culture of the Deep South. Some people had some issues with that. For one, it basically lets anyone in the Deep South, including the thousands of people who find it abhorent, off the hook for killing dogs for sport. The other salient point was that Vick is from Virginia. This is as much the Deep South as Los Angeles is in the Pacific Northwest.

Joining Whoopi is the other new host, Sherri Shepherd. Who is Sherri Shepherd you ask? Well let me tell you I have no fucking clue. I am reading a biography on Yahoo. It says "Her love for comedy, however, was re-ignited after catching Andrew “Dice” Clay in concert". This is akin to saying "My passion for treating the sick was inspired by Dr. Kevorkian".

The only positive thing I could say for The View was that Rosie O'Donnell is gone. I would damn near rather punch myself in aforementioned balls than watch her. Listening to her is like nails on a chalkboard while having a prostate exam.

So if you can't get enough meaningless meandering chit-chat by well known people with little credibility, enjoy The View.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home