Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I Hate Celebrities Pt 1

Reasons Why I hate Celebrities #1 (This can also be called "Reasons I hate the media and a good portion of the general public")

They are "newsworthy" for no good reason. Everytime I see news on TV or headlines online, I am smashed in the face with a big cream pie of celebrity "news". I don't give a shit if Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt want to add to their brood. Fuck 'em, it's like they are collecting Beanie Babies. And it seems like other celebs are doing it too. They going to meet up with Madonna and discuss trading a Malaysian kid for the cute little tyke from Sierra Leone. Kids in the US aren't good eough, apparently getting a kid from the most impoverished nation in the world is like finding a Nolan Ryan rookie baseball card.

And it goes on and on with the break ups, the pregnancies etc.

While the general public sucks on the Celebrity Media Tit, a good portion of what is going on at local, state, national and international levels are being ignored to a wide variety of degrees. Most people could not tell you what is happening with the Taliban but they might be able to identify Paris, Lindsay or Britney from a vagina mug shot.

2 Comments:

At 5:03 AM, Blogger Lydia said...

I was standing at the checkout at the supermarket the other day so bored waiting for the line to move that I was looking at the covers of all the celeb gossip rags on display. Apart from Angelina Jolie, I'm proud to say I didn't recognise a single face, or vagina! Sometimes ignorance really is bliss.

As for the whole adoption thing, mainly I don't give a shit, but it does make me sick that Madonna and co can get a new baby just like that it seems, whereas "normal" people who have bucket loads more stability to offer a child can go through hell with the adoption process.

 
At 2:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a somewhat similar epiphany the other day when "Owen Wilson Tried To Commit Suicide!" was all over the news, and I thought "oops ok, this guy seems to be famous so I better post this on MyREM!" and I realized how far away from all this I am living *rolleyes*.

Is that now a good thing or a bad thing :-\?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home