Tuesday, September 11, 2007

And Somewhere TV Jounalism Dies Another Little Death

After rebooting my cable box to get it back on track, my TV was defaulted to CBS channel 2. Briefly they were showing what was apparently Anna Nicole Smith's Mother(or Aunt, Godmother, etc) at Anna Nicole's grave site. Interspersed with this was an interview with this woman.

The video of her at the grave was accompanied by commentary of what she was doing "You can see her holding a picture of some kind and then she looks up to the sky and appears to be talking" What the fuck. So her personal grief has become the equivalent of Planet Earth filming a rare snow leopard or it's play by play footage of an NFL game. I wasn't sure if David Attenborough was going to talk about her travel patterns for the winter or John Madden was going to draw her up doing a 5 yard out pattern in the cemetery.

I am not sure but I think the award for this fine piece of work goes to Access Hollywood but I can't be sure. Not like there is any shortage of these shitty shows. I look forward to what the future has in store for TV Journalism.

1 Comments:

At 3:28 AM, Blogger Lydia said...

Just when you think they've already scraped the bottom of the barrel you find there's another layer of festering crap down there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home