Sunday, December 19, 2004

Simple Pleasures in Life

I can be quite happy hanging out with my friends. In fact, to me it's one of the most worthwhile things you can do. These days it seems to be harder to do. As we get older, significant others, kids, houses and all the attendant activities that go with them makes available time shorter. This is why time with my friends is even more smportant now, no longer do I take it for granted that we can just get together whenever.

Most of my "old" friends are family to me. I may not see them for quite awhile but we know each other so well it's a small matter to catch up. It's never more true than in the case of my friend Jeff. I've been friends with Jeff since probably we were about 10, and he's been a de facto family member since early teens. We met up Sunday and shot the breeze for a while and it was great to be able to relate stories from years ago and he could either remember them, fill in the gaps or correct me. Hell he could even remember the names my Grandfather called my Mom's boyfriend 20 years ago... that's when you know they are indellibly part of your life LOL. My friend's John, Jennifer & Danny are like that in our times together as well, we have so many memories of times together, we can piece together all these little bits of stories.

Enjoy time with your friends all you good people out there, keep the stories alive and make new one's to reminisce over when you are 75.

2 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very wise post! I am very happy that we get to share some time together in my country in February. Love, Dunja xoxo

 
At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A

 

Post a Comment

<< Home