Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Ridiculous food prices

My parents met some friends and family for dinner last night. The restaurant, Spaghettini has been around for several years but I never went there. After seeing the menu I doubt I will.

I have no problem paying a little bit more for ambiance and some quality preparation but $27 for a plate of penne and meatballs in a red sauce is a joke. This place isn't Manhattan or even West LA. It's Seal Fucking Beach. For those of you who haven't been there, it's nothing special. Granted it might have more character than the rest of the area around it, but that's really not much of a feat. It's pasta, peaople not a big deal.

The other place I heard mention that I won't be going to is a sushi place some friends were talking about. Apparently, if you go for the most luxurious meal it will run you about $400. The fish better sing and dance for you before they turn it into sushi. There must be one hell of an ambience there, in fact there better be an amazing oriental massage waiting for me after.

I'm tired, more blogging to come when I am better rested and not suffering from writer's block.

2 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

$400 for sushi wouldn't be unusual in Tokyo, but seems pricey for CA.

Just visited your blog tonight for the first time, read back a few, randomly; very interesting, Ape-man. :)

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

There are good places in London with great ambience where I wouldn't expect to pay that for a pasta dish. Sounds like a rip off to me. As for the sushi, insane.

Hope you feel better rested soon and the words start to flow again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home