Thursday, September 14, 2006

Mind's Eye

Driving home from my Dad's house on Sunday night I looked at the El Torito restaurant in my perihperal vision. For a split second my mind saw the restaurant on the beach. The lit patio was not on La Palma Avenue but right on a darkened beach.

I thought about where this image came from. Did my brain make a match of this image with something I had seen in person or in a movie years ago? Did it assemble a composite image of somewhere I want to be? It seemed like a great place to be, but I'm not sure what the real reason behind it.

I know this has happened before. I've glanced at something and my mind took the shape and created something different out of it. One of these days I will have to see if I can read an article explaining this.

Ever have something like this happen to you?

1 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger Lydia said...

Yes. Very occasionally with buildings or scenery. Slightly more often with a person seeming to be someone else for a moment. I've concluded it's a mix of wish fulfillment and a memory. I could be wrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home