Tuesday, March 15, 2005

True Stories

As I typed the word "manhood" in the last post it reminded me of romance novels. One day when a bunch of friends and family were sitting around at my Dad's house, the ladies were talking about who had read what romance novel. I grabbed the novel my Step Mom had been reading and just flipped randomly flipped to a page. Too funny, I glanced at middle of the page and there was this passage describing the man's manhood pressing against the woman, who was wearing some corset or something tantalizing. I had to laugh, right there I validated my preconceptions. If any of you ladies out there have read these types of books I would be interested to hear what your opinion of them are. Then again I guess I can't blame the authors, it is supposed to be escapism. A real life tale would probably fall short in romance..

George, thrusted and grunted, his pot belly slapping against his wife's. As he reached the climax his face contorted into a look best described as slack-jawed wonder. He pecked his wife on the cheek, breathlessly said "Thanks", rolled over and fell asleep. The eight and a half minutes of passion had left him exhausted. George's wife, Miriam straightened out the sheets, grabbed the remote and turned on the TV. She hoped she hadn't missed Toby Keith on Letterman

Now granted, there are definitely better stories in life than this one, but there are those thatr match this an worse. That's why we have this outlandish fiction, to inspire dreams and remove us from the usual grind we have to deal with.

The guys have similar fantasy novels. For us it's the Spy/Super Duper Special Forces guy. It's about as realistic as what apparently is in your average Romance novel. Well, I am getting tired, where's Miriam when you need her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home