Monday, March 14, 2005

Europe - A Look Back

Random thoughts on Europe:

Out of Whack Prices: The 3 Euro bottles of Coke in Paris, hell I'm used to free refills at $2.00, and I am used to having about 2 refills. This was a tough one to get used to.

Funniest Thing I Saw: A Christian Youth Hostel, literally 50 feet from a row of prostitute windows in Amsterdam. Now that's what I call variety.

Funniest Thing I heard: I can't recall it all, but Grace and Etty had a wide variety of things that just cracked me up.

Best Dinner: Schnitzel and beer with Dunja and her family.

Worst Dinner: I tried something called the Daddy Burger at KFC in London when I was looking for something to grab while out shopping. It was disgusting, I am not sure what all it had on it, but I shit-canned it almost immediately. Who's your Daddy? Not this piece of shit.

Worst Breakfast: The third world continental breakfast at London Guards hotel. Crappy croissants, stiff rolls and a couple types of uninviting cereal.

Unique Dinner: Pizza with Tuna on it. It just sounds wrong, but it wasn't bad.

Most Decadent Food: Belgian waffle with pure chocolate sauce on it and ice cream... glllggghhhh

Best Rapid Transit System: Although Londoners disparege the Tube with all the construction, I liked it the best. The Metro in Paris is excelent system as well, if I spoke French it would probably be equal to London's for me.

Best Hotel Room: I liked the Ramada I stayed at in Amsterdam, it was the newest and had the best shower of all the places. My room at the London Guards had a refridgerator, and it was a good sized room so it's a very close second.

Biggest Screwup: Besides the obvious Pete Rose slide in London, it was mistakenly believing my breakfast was included with my room in Paris. Paying 13 Euros a day for 3 days for continental breakfast is brutal. Can I have lube with my croissant, please? Not bad for biggest screwup though.

The Ugly Foreigner Award: Goes to the lady who got all pissy and gave us a dirty look in Paris for blocking the sidewalk for all of 30 Seconds. Excuse me, how do you say "Bite my ass" in French

Best Moment: People always ask what was the best thing? I don't have one single moment, but hanging out with my friends whiel seeing new places is probably what I will remember as much as anything.

Best City: Again, tough to call. I think London for the pure variety of things to see. Amsterdam is great for just being comfortable in, smaller and did I mention they have legalized pot and sex all over the place?

Well, that's all for now.. gotta run

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home